Registration: Step 1
Best Price Guarantee
We believe getting the language course you want for the lowest price in Amsterdam is possible. That’s why we have created our Best Price Guarantee, so you can always book your language course with confidence.
What is the Best Price Guarantee?
We guarantee you’re getting the lowest price. If you find a better hourly rate for an English group course, up to 11 people, face-to-face (on-site at a recognised language school), in Amsterdam, within 48 hours from your course registration, we will refund the difference of the hourly rate.
Why MixTree Languages has the best prices in Amsterdam
MixTree Languages is a language school and a non profit cultural association that provides high quality language courses at an affordable price. We also organise social, artistic and educative events which our students and the public can take part in.
Being a non profit organisation means that we are not allowed to make any profit. In other words, we can assure that the course fees are spent only to cover the costs of the English course (teachers, space rental, materials, promotion and administration costs).
The advantage for the students is that MixTree can provide high quality language courses (We only work with highly qualified (minimum CELTA or TEFL) and experienced native English teachers) at an affordable price (including teaching materials and registration costs).
Distance and cleaning – COVID-19 guidelines of the RIVM
For our spacious classrooms, additional measures have been taken to help ensure the health, safety and well-being of our students and staff. We actively enforce the 1.5-metre rule and face masks when not seated in class.
Our classrooms have 2 entrances and are cleaned thoroughly before and after each group class. Hand sanitiser will also be provided in the building.
Intensive English Courses (May 10th courses will be Live-Online on Zoom)
The Intensive English Courses at MixTree Languages are designed for students who are ready to dedicate time to improving their speaking, strengthening their grammar, and growing their vocabulary.
Number of lessons
16 lessons (2,5 hrs. each)
Number of hours
Lessons per week
4 lessons per week
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
9.30-12.00h or 12.30-15.00h or 15.30-18.00
MAY 10, 2021
Intensive English Course in Amsterdam
✔ Expand & practise useful vocabulary and phrases
✔ Develop English skills for a variety of situations e.g. job interviews, socialising
✔ Improve grammar through feedback and spoken interaction
Don’t know your level? Schedule a FREE English Level Check.
The following courses start every 4 weeks. The time slot of the 3 levels rotates (changes) each month.
- The A2 Course is for pre-intermediate students who can already speak a little about themselves, but may need to strengthen some areas of basic grammar and vocabulary
- The B1 Course is for intermediate students who are ready to deepen their understanding of English grammar and expand their vocabulary on a variety of topics
- The B2 Course is for upper-intermediate students who will tackle more advanced grammar structures and focus on vocabulary tasks that require a stronger command of written and spoken English
At every level, the focus of the intensive courses is the same: communication! You will review, learn, and remember grammar and vocabulary through constant interaction and fun speaking tasks.
Our popular ‘Activate your English’ programmes are effective because:
- You activate your grammar through a focus on speaking, which makes it easier to remember
- Your learning is supported by high quality course materials. You will receive a folder with reference materials the first day of your course.You don’t need to buy any books!
- Your experienced teachers guide you to develop personalised learning goals
- You learn in a friendly, fun atmosphere and have the opportunity to socialise and practise your English also through your class WhatsApp group and at our Language Exchange meet-up (now free online)
Why MixTree Languages?
- Taught by professionals: we only work with highly experienced and certified (minimum CELTA or TEFL qualification) native or bilingual English teachers.
- Expertly designed: our MA qualified Learning Manager uses her deep understanding of the learning process and professional materials to create effective learning programmes.
- Focused on you: your detailed level assessment will place you on the correct course and our teachers will support you to develop personalised learning goals. You will receive regular feedback on your language to help you improve.
- Highly interactive: we use an innovative approach to maximise the time you have for speaking, discussing, and role playing in class. Speaking is the most effective way to improve your English.
Distance and cleaning – COVID-19 guidelines of the RIVM:
Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level
All packages include: final one-to-one evaluation and a Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
|3 Courses||Elementary A2; Intermediate B1; Upper-Intermediate B2|
|Start dates||May 10, June 7, July 5, August 2 and August 30, 2021.|
|Days||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday|
|Time||from 9.30 to 12.00; or from 12.30 to 15.00; or from 15.30 to 18.00|
|Location||in the heart of Amsterdam, Eerste Weteringplantsoen 2C (May 10th courses will be Live-Online on Zoom)|
|Classroom hours||40 hours – 10 hours per week – 4 weeks in total|
|Group size||6 – 11 participants|
|Course book||(included in the course price)|
|Free Level test|
|Course price||545 euro|