Best Price Guarantee
We believe getting the language course you want for the lowest price in Amsterdam is possible. That’s why we have created our Best Price Guarantee, so you can always book your language course with confidence.
What is the Best Price Guarantee?
We guarantee you’re getting the lowest price. If you find a better hourly rate for an English group course, up to 11 people, face-to-face (on-site at a recognised language school), in Amsterdam, within 48 hours from your course registration, we will refund the difference of the hourly rate.
Why MixTree Languages has the best prices in Amsterdam
MixTree Languages is a language school and a non profit cultural association that provides high quality language courses at an affordable price. We also organise social, artistic and educative events which our students and the public can take part in.
Being a non profit organisation means that we are not allowed to make any profit. In other words, we can assure that the course fees are spent only to cover the costs of the English course (teachers, space rental, materials, promotion and administration costs).
The advantage for the students is that MixTree can provide high quality language courses (We only work with highly qualified (minimum CELTA or TEFL) and experienced native English teachers) at an affordable price (including teaching materials and registration costs).
Distance and cleaning – COVID-19 guidelines of the RIVM
For our spacious classrooms, additional measures have been taken to help ensure the health, safety and well-being of our students and staff. We actively enforce the 1.5-metre rule and face masks when not seated in class.
Our classrooms have 2 entrances and are cleaned thoroughly before and after each group class. Hand sanitiser will also be provided in the building.
English for Beginners Course
If you have never studied English before and want to get started, our A1 ‘Activate your English’ course will help you begin using English confidently.
Number of lessons
12 lessons (2 hrs. each)
Number of hours
Lessons per week
2 lessons per week
Tuesday & Thursday
10.00-12.00h or 19.00-21.00h
OCTOBER 12, 2021
Your experienced, friendly teacher will help you develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. The course will teach you to communicate with others and understand basic information.
Our popular ‘Activate your English’ programmes are effective because:
- You activate your grammar through a focus on speaking, which makes it easier to remember!
- You will receive a folder with hight quality course materials (included in the course price) on the first day of your course. You don’t need to buy any books!
- Your experienced teachers guide you to develop personalised learning goals.
- You learn in a friendly, fun atmosphere! You can socialise and practise your English through your class’s WhatsApp group and at our Language Exchange meet-up (now free online).
Through interactive classroom activities your experienced and qualified teachers encourage you to practise your English grammar and speaking, and give you feedback to improve. With interesting and challenging preparation tasks your learning continues at home.
All our ‘Activate your English’ programmes are:
- Taught by professionals: we only work with highly experienced and certified (minimum CELTA or TEFL qualification) native or bilingual English teachers.
- Expertly designed: our MA qualified Learning Manager uses her deep understanding of the learning process and professional materials to create effective learning programmes.
- Focused on you: your detailed level assessment will place you in the correct course and our teachers will work with you to develop personalised learning goals. You will receive regular feedback on your language to help you improve.
- Highly interactive: we use an innovative approach to maximise the time you have for speaking, discussing, and role playing in class. Speaking is the most effective way to improve your English.
If you are looking for a professional, affordable and effective English course to improve your grammar and speaking confidence, join us at MixTree Languages!
Distance and cleaning – COVID-19 guidelines of the RIVM:
Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level
All packages include: final one-to-one evaluation and a Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
|Start dates||October 12, 2021; January 18 and March 1, 2022|
|Days||Tuesday & Thursday|
|Time||from 10.00 to 12.00 or from 19.00 to 21.00|
|Location||in the heart of Amsterdam, Eerste Weteringplantsoen 2C|
|Classroom hours||24 hours over 6 weeks|
|Group size||5 – 8 participants|
|Course book||(included in the course price)|
|Free Level test|
|Course price||420 euro|