Best Price Guarantee
We believe getting the language course you want for the lowest price in Amsterdam is possible. That’s why we have created our Best Price Guarantee, so you can always book your language course with confidence.
What is the Best Price Guarantee?
We guarantee you’re getting the lowest price. If you find a better hourly rate for an English group course, up to 11 people, face-to-face (on-site or online at a recognised language school), in Amsterdam, within 48 hours from your course registration, we will refund the difference of the hourly rate.
Why MixTree Languages has the best prices in Amsterdam
MixTree Languages is a language school and a non profit cultural association that provides high quality language courses at an affordable price. We also organise social, artistic and educative events which our students and the public can take part in.
Being a non profit organisation means that we are not allowed to make any profit. In other words, we can assure that the course fees are spent only to cover the costs of the English course (teachers, space rental, materials, promotion and administration costs).
The advantage for the students is that MixTree can provide high quality language courses (We only work with highly qualified (minimum CELTA or TEFL) and experienced native English teachers) at an affordable price (including teaching materials and registration costs).
Distance and cleaning – COVID-19 guidelines of the RIVM
For our spacious classrooms, additional measures have been taken to help ensure the health, safety and well-being of our students and staff. We actively enforce the 1.5-metre rule and face masks when not seated in class.
Our classrooms have 2 entrances and are cleaned thoroughly before and after each group class. Hand sanitiser will also be provided in the building.
Live-Online C1 Advanced English Courses
In our Live-Online Advanced C1 course we use Zoom to create online classrooms. This program offers an excellent alternative to our in-person lessons. Our online lessons are as fun and interactive as our face-to-face courses.
Number of lessons
12 lessons (2 hrs. each)
Number of hours
Lessons per week
2 lessons per week
Monday & Wednesday
JANUARY 16, 2023
Do you feel that something is missing when you speak English? Do you often find yourself looking for a way to say something more precisely? Using MixTree’s Activate Your English method, the Advanced English Course is designed to help you express yourself with clarity and ease. With a focus on vocabulary, communication skills and pronunciation, this course is perfect for those who want to strengthen their existing skills and refine the way they use English in their personal or professional lives.
No one else has our teachers.
MixTree Languages teachers are highly qualified, have at least 5 years of teaching experience. You get the same great quality teaching in our virtual classrooms, because it’s the same great teachers.
As always, all our teachers are native English speakers, CELTA or TEFL-qualified and many are Delta-qualified.
Students will learn with their ML teacher and classmates online in live real-time lessons, including online group work with other students and online student social activities.
Our popular ‘Activate your English’ programmes are effective because:
- You activate your grammar through a focus on speaking, which makes it easier to remember
- Your learning is supported by high quality course materials. Our courses use the fun and engaging English File textbook series, which includes additional online practice for self-study
- Your experienced teachers guide you to develop personalised learning goals
- You learn in a friendly, fun atmosphere and have the opportunity to socialise and practise your English also through your class WhatsApp group and at our Language Exchange meet-up (now free online)
How will I learn?
- Through active participation in role-plays, games and engaging tasks
- With material uniquely adapted for you and your classmates based on your group’s needs
- By completing unique read and written tasks in preparation for each class
- Through the constructive feedback and corrections of your teacher
What will I learn?
- High level vocabulary on a wide range of topics that interests your group
- Advanced pronunciation skills to help you listen and be understood better
- Useful conversation techniques to make you a more accurate, specific and nuanced Speaker
What will I gain?
- The confidence to participate in social gatherings, networking events and professional situations
- A broader, more flexible vocabulary base
- Practical presentation skills and experience
- A personalized end-of-course evaluation with your teacher
- A certificate of attendance, signed by our Course Coordinator and your teacher
If you don’t live in Amsterdam or you don’t like commuting, online lessons are the perfect option for you!
Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level
All packages include: final one-to-one evaluation and a Certificate of Attendance and Proficiency Level based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
|Levels||Strong upper-intermediate (B2+) and Advanced (C1)|
|Start dates||January 16, February 27 and April 10, 2023|
|Days||Monday & Wednesday|
|Time||19.00 to 21.00|
|Location||Live-Online with Zoom|
|Classroom hours||24 hours over 6 weeks|
|Group size||6 – 10 participants|
*If you don’t have the book, you can buy it from the school for a discounted price of 37 euros. The book will be reserved for you at our location.
|Free Level test|
|Course price||360 euro|